"We are a group" is how I used to start explaining Piper's Purpose. I would at some point in the conversation also share "no we don't have plans to become an official non- profit". Fast forward to today, the conversation has changed. "Piper's Purpose is a non profit, 501 (c) 3, with a board of directors, big dreams, great ideas and a targeted mission that includes nurturing connection and providing bereavement education in the pregnancy and infant loss community". A little over two years ago, a little girl's heart stopped beating. She died. Her family began experiencing grief. Her purpose began. Piper's Purpose began to help me, Piper's Mom. Today I hope her purpose will continue to support others on their healing journey, starting with medical professionals. Piper's voice is silent, but strong and I am honored to have learned from her and give her short life a lifelong purpose.
I am acutely aware that my emotion and fragility about my Piper dying is not as deep and blinding as it once was. And yet, I still have moments where the hurt makes itself know, usually followed by "what if?", "I wish", guilt and sometimes anger (still). Her existence is part of this beautiful world, her spirit, her purpose, her selfless - love. But even this month, two years after she died- it still feels like that isn't enough. I am brought back to her when I connect with the work I am doing with Piper's Purpose. But when I feel like what I am providing or saying is not enough to the ones who just lost their baby, can't conceive, have experienced added trauma at the hands of medical professionals, I am left with new sadness and dissapointment. Just lingering in my being. I want to do more, say the right thing that helps, carry a little of the burden for them... but that doesn't seem possible, and I know I can't stop someone from experiencing th...
I can't believe it myself. You are here. With Gratitude we accept you into our hearts. With Love we will give you everything we have. You are perfect, you are you. Blonde hair, soft skin, long toes and a joyful mouth curved up at the edges. We Love you. And We miss you. We are forever changed. I am forever yours, even though you are not forever mine.
Comments
Post a Comment